Level 7 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management
The objective of the OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management qualification is to provide tourism industry professionals with the specialist knowledge needed to advance their careers, or for graduates entering the tourism and hospitality sector to gain the skills needed to manage business operations. The qualification provides learners with a contemporary, critical, and international programme that supports their development as managers with a lifelong-learning orientation.
The qualification enables learners to analyse complex management problems and to apply and adapt specialist skills and technical terminology to propose solutions to these problems informed by best practice and contemporary research.
Successful completion of this qualification will enable learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their study towards a relevant Master’s programme with advanced standing.
For entry onto the OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management qualification, learners must possess:
- An honours degree in related subject or UK level 6 diploma or an equivalent overseas qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
- English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language competency. For more information visit English Language Expectations page in this website.
OTHM qualifications at RQF Level 7 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Master’s Degrees, Integrated Master’s Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) and Postgraduate Certificates.
The OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 600 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Strategic Management and Marketing (20 credits)
- Destination Management (20 credits).
- International Tourism Policy and Development (20 credits)
- E-Tourism and Social Media (20 credits)
- Advanced Research Methods (20 credits)
- Organisational Behaviour in International Contexts (20 credits)
Duration and delivery
The qualification is designed to be delivered over one academic year for full-time study but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning.
The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, online by approved centres only.
Assessment and verification
All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the centre and externally verified by OTHM. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. Judgement that the learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by the Assessor.
The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the judgement of the learners’ overall achievement has been arrived at.
The OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management qualification enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their further study. As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are eligible to progress to Master’s top-up programmes at many universities in the UK and overseas with advanced standing.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes