Level 5 | Diploma in Education and Training
The objective of the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training qualification is intended to develop learners’ understanding of policy, management theory and practice in education. They provide learners with an opportunity to engage with the challenges facing professionals and policy makers in their own country. They will provide knowledge that underpins the ability to work as an effective manager in the education sector. They combine both theoretical and practical knowledge in the education profession and will develop and enhance knowledge and skills in the areas of leading change, effective performance, planning and accountability, development and team leadership. Learners will be able to work in a variety of roles within education administration and/or management.
For entry onto the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training qualification, learners must possess:
- Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 4 diploma or equivalent recognised qualification
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
- Mature learners (over 21) with management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
- English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language competency.
OTHM qualifications at RQF Level 5 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Foundation Degrees, Higher National Diploma (HND) and Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree.
The OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training qualification consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 480 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Theories and Principles of Education and Training (20 credits)
- Lifelong Learning: Principles and Issues (20 credits)
- Resource Management in Education (20 credits)
- Develop and Evaluate Operational Plans for Own Area of Responsibility (20 credits)
- Provide Leadership and Direction for Own Area of Responsibility (20 credits)
- Professional Practice and Development in Education and Training (20 credits)
Duration and delivery
The qualification is designed to be delivered over one academic year for full-time study, but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning.
The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, online by approved centres only.
Assessment and verification
All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the centre and externally verified by OTHM. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. Judgement that the learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by the Assessor.
The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the judgement of the learners’ overall achievement has been arrived at.
Successful completion of the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training qualification enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their study towards a relevant Degree top-up programme with advanced standing at many universities in the UK and overseas.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes